Monday, July 6, 2009

Only his accent

Yesterday I was taken to task by a lovely Brit who is a friend of mine. She said that the only reason I mock "Mr. Wee Wee Hands" is that he has a funny accent. Since she feels she has an accent similar to "Mr. Wee Wee Hands", she was very angry and hurt and upset.

Wow. What a claim.

To be honest, I have not really had any problems with Mr. Wee Wee Hands' accent.

I do not think that the reason Mr. Wee Wee Hands is blocked currently from several Skypeland venues is because of his accent. I do not think that Mr. Wee Wee Hands is vilified because of his accent.

Consider some of the blog posts I have made about Mr. Wee Wee Hands:

*Yankee

*Put the Al Qaeda prisoners on an island

*Topping up

*She is a he

*Nissan is not a capitalist company

*A little gentleman

I have not really mocked Mr. Wee Wee Hands' accent in these posts, or at least I have not made much of a big deal about it. I have had no problem understanding Mr. Wee Wee Hands. Other Brits like Mrs. B are very hard for me to understand and I have mocked their accents, but not Mr. Wee Wee Hands.

I am amazed at how this lovely Brit somehow seems to have ignored the main problem most have with Mr. Wee Wee Hands and instead blamed Wee Wee Hands' image difficulties on his accent.

I guess that says a lot about how some people think.

Addendum

Here is the response from the lady who motivated this entry:

wtf thats not what i sed .i mentioned his accent yes but i also sed u do it to all britts yav twisted it up ta suit yr self .very dissapointing

No comments: