Saturday, September 29, 2007

An Irish retort

After I presented the data I had found about Irish immigration, of course I was the target of a sharp retort or two:

I would firstly like to thank PP who has kindly taken some time to write a blog about me. (It was not a blog, it was an entry in my blog about your ludicrous statements. I actually have several blog entries about your irrational rants, but who is counting?) Unfortunately these are not my opinions. (Oh really? So much so, that you repeated these opinions over and over, in front of many people. I guess this was just imagined or a fantasy on our part. A mass delusion, as it were.) I will not go into detail as I know the Publisher of the blog has serious Psychological Disorders. (Oh really? Well maybe better than being dumb as a rock, right?) I do not feel a need to defend myself as I know that what is said here about me is untrue. (Oh really? Well I wonder why you repeated your incorrect opinions so often). I will finish by using PP as a typical example of somebody with plenty of Intelligence but not an ounce of commmon sense. I notice you are a very credible arbiter of what is intelligence and common sense...

I told several people in Skypeland that I am glad to drop topics when people recognize their mistakes and apologize. This is an instant message exchange on this topic with this Irish woman who claims that the US has a selfish, greedy, unfair immigration policy:

[11:44:29 AM] L says: Excuse me

[11:44:45 AM] PP says: Well I will wait for an apology

[11:44:48 AM] PP says: thanks

[11:45:46 AM] L says: You will be waiting

[11:45:58 AM] PP says: And you will be dealing with the consequences

[11:46:07 AM] PP says: Fair enough

[11:46:09 AM] PP says: Just so we are clear

[11:46:46 AM] PP says: You are free to be a hypocrite

[11:46:55 AM] L says: I never said your statment was not true I just asked for the site that you got the information from

[11:47:11 AM] PP says: Ah.....another nice contradiction. Thanks.

[11:47:46 AM] L says: Dealing with What? Consequences...... That is halarious.

[11:48:02 AM] L says: Even more so coming from you.

[11:48:19 AM] PP says: I am glad to call out your hypocrisy

[11:48:25 AM] PP says: Makes for good blog material

[11:48:33 AM] L says: Well done (clap)

[11:48:35 AM] PP says: and make sure everyone recognizes it

[11:48:53 AM] L says: Who takes your blogs seriously anyway?

[11:48:59 AM] PP says: You are free to be proud of your ignorance.

[11:49:09 AM] L says: Anyone I know that read them thinks they are halarious
(They are supposed to be funny and interesting. Glad they are succeeding, although I am not sure this person is able to understand the sarcasm and the irony...)

[11:49:19 AM] L says: Including myself

[11:49:19 AM] PP says: No one takes them seriously. Why should they? However, you took the blog seriously enough to reply I noticed.
(The reply is posted above, of course)

[11:49:53 AM] L says: Yes I wanted to play along with your Little game i thought it was funny
(Well this is one way to save face, maybe)

[11:50:30 AM] PP says: Well fine. You have no reason to complain then when I point out your hypocrisy and agressive ignorance and denialism.

[11:51:39 AM] L says: yes

[11:51:43 AM] L says: You are right

[11:51:47 AM] L says: Your always right

[11:51:50 AM] L says: Im so sorry

[11:52:02 AM] L says: You are the higest, you are the greatest

[11:52:16 AM] PP says: I am not always right. I have lots of examples of places I have learned things and I have made mistakes and I note them.
(Many examples of this are posted in this blog).

[11:52:32 AM] PP says: You might find it valuable to do the same in your life. However, there is no obligation.

[11:54:48 AM] PP says: Complaining about the US immigration policy when it is far far more generous and unselfish and ungreedy and unracist and more evenhanded than the Irish immigration problem is just a bit over the top.

[11:55:07 AM] PP says: Fix your own country first

[11:55:11 AM] PP says: then we can talk.

[11:55:38 AM] PP says: Like when 50% of Ireland is of African origin, or Indian or Chinese, then we can talk.

[11:55:46 AM] L says: I dont represent my country
(Of course she does not, but she was pretty quick to criticize me as though I was responsible for all opinions of other Americans and all US immigration policies I noticed).

[11:56:47 AM] PP says: So go protest the horrendous conditions in your resettlement facilities with 5 refugee seekers to a room, no money, and less than a 10% chance of success at getting access to Ireland permanent residency.

[11:57:03 AM] PP says: Outrageous. Embarassing. Shocking.

[11:57:20 AM] PP says: And 80% of your population expressing racist views in a referendum.

[11:57:32 AM] PP says: Ireland is not covering itself with glory here.

[11:57:45 AM] L says: I also do not ''COMPLAIN'' about the lack/ influence of Immigramts in my Country unlike you- Now post that on you pathetic blog
(If L can complain about the immigration policy of the US, why can she not complain about the far more unfair and far less progressive immigration policy of Ireland? I do not complain about the US policy, but I have defended it. I do think that it is unfair sometimes to people who are trying to follow the laws, however, and I was attacked for this opinion by L).

[11:57:58 AM] PP says: So go be an activist in Ireland, and keep your mouth shut about the US since you seem to know nothing about the US.

[11:58:23 AM] L says: Now you have something against the Irish.... This is typical of you
(Where on earth did I say I had something against the Irish? They can have whatever immigration policy they like. They are a sovereign country, after all).

[11:58:30 AM] L says: First Mexican
(Mexican? Whatever did I say against the Mexicans?)

[11:58:32 AM] L says: Now Irish

[11:58:45 AM] PP says: That is the entire point. You do not complain about your own country's behavior, which is egregious and does not hold up to scrutiny.

[11:59:01 AM] L says: But my opinions are different than yours
(They are not only different, they are irrational and hypocritical and not based on facts)

[11:59:03 AM] PP says: Me? I have nothing against the Mexicans. Who told you that?

[11:59:09 AM] L says: Why should i feel like you?
(You are free to ignore the facts and the unfair immigration policy in your own country and attack the US immigration policy instead. However, I might point this out from time to time.)

[11:59:25 AM] PP says: And Ireland can have a racist immigration policy if they want, but in that case, do not complain to me about our immigration policy.

[11:59:31 AM] L says: Why should i complain
(Well L did complain several times about the US immigration policy, and never says a word about the far more unfair Irish immigration policy.)

[11:59:38 AM] PP says: Exactly.

[11:59:51 AM] PP says: You proved my point. You attack us, but do not complain about your own faults.

[12:00:00 PM] L says: my own faults?
(I meant faults as in the faults of the Irish immigration policies, of course).

[12:00:04 PM] PP says: Remember the biblical quote about the "mote in the eye" (Mathew 7:3 "Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?")

[12:00:10 PM] L says: oh lord

[12:00:16 PM] L says: the bible

[12:00:19 PM] PP says: People in glass houses should not throw stones.

[12:00:24 PM] L says: dont get me started

[12:00:26 PM] PP says: Ireland is a glass house.

[12:01:02 PM] L says: and your psycho
(Oh really? And you are completely rational and reasonable ? I definitely noticed.)

[12:01:03 PM] PP says: Clean up your own back yard first before you attack the US.

[12:01:13 PM] PP says: Oh yes fine. Believe what you want. I will expose it all.

And then later:

[4:05:45 PM] L says: No-body cares

[4:05:52 PM] L says: Only you.

[4:06:01 PM] L says: In your weird world

[4:07:54 PM] PP says: Ok, thanks.

[4:08:16 PM] L says: And i am also reporting you to Skype

[4:08:49 PM] L says: I have Copies of your blog and what you do is not allowedx

[4:08:52 PM] L says: *allowed

[4:09:21 PM] PP says: Oh really?

[4:09:27 PM] PP says: My blog is not part of Skype.

[4:09:33 PM] L says: yes exactly

[4:09:39 PM] PP says: I do not give people's real names.

[4:09:44 PM] L says: You ''quoting'' people

[4:09:49 PM] PP says: I do not even give their Skype names.

[4:09:54 PM] L says: Its the content

[4:12:07 PM] PP says: Oh ok. Show me the place in the Skype regulations and agreements that I signed or acquiesced to where it states I cannot write a blog. I have found similar blogs by others including employees of Skype itself. So show me the regulation please.

[4:32:24 PM] L says: Oh look i'm not interested anymore im not concerned about your opinions, your blogs, whatever i will now just avoid you like the plague. I disagree with everything you stand for and probably likewise so best just to avoid eachother and keep the peace

[4:38:40 PM] PP says: I stand for evidence, I stand for data, and I stand for numbers and the hard facts. I am a moderate and I condemn extremists wherever they are; in my culture and other cultures. I stand for moderation. I condemn the left wingers and the right wingers. I want everyone in the world to live together in peace. I am not in favor of violence. I am in favor of negotiation and compromise and understanding.

No comments: