Saturday, September 29, 2007

My English is really bad

We were hit by an onslaught of nonEnglish speakers in Skypeland tonight. It was a string of incomprehensible nonsense. Their microphones were very bad, and there was a lot of static. They entered, interrupting any conversation that was in process to chant "hello, hello, hello..what da subject..what da subject..." One or two entered to chant say in broken English, "My English is really bad". (I think we noticed already.) "Can I changa for da hello? My English is Brazillian English. English is the universal language. I am not native in it." (No kidding...) "Brazil is not Bolivia?" (Ah, I never knew...) "Hey man Hey man Listen. Brazil is not Bolivia, ok? United States is a very good country. Brazil is not Bolivia. A country is a country. I am a native American. And you...you cannot and you do do English ok? Hey man, hey man, wrong idea is that Brazil is only Rio De Jenario? Ok ? Do you accept? Rio is only a city ok? Brazil is a big country? I am gentler man. I no use bullshit and offensive words, ok? Hey man listen. Listen, listen... I know speak the bullshit, understand?" While this was going on, some "mouth breather" was breathing heavily into his or her microphone. Really annoying...

Someone was sufficiently irritated to make a "Hello room":

*the HELLO room
Started 21 minutes ago - 17 participants

YOU ASKED FOR IT - HERE IT FINALLY IS... A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN POINTLESSLY AND REPEATEDLY SAY HELLO WITH WHATEVER ACCENT OR INFLECTION YOU DESIRE, BEING THE ONLY ENGLISH WORD YOU KNOW HOW TO PRONOUNCE. ENJOY... WE WILL ENJOY THE ROAST. hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello....

No comments: