Monday, September 10, 2007

BDSM makes body armor

One meets all kinds of people in Skypeland. One gentleman came in to claim that Halliburton is making huge amounts of money from manipulating the production of body armor. A question arose about what was the time required for the production of body armor. The person who asked the question did not have an answer, but claimed he wanted to learn. So I volunteered to research the issue. I found that DSM and Honeywell make body armor:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_armor#Modern_personal_armour
I wanted to bring these up, and the guy who had a huge problem with Halliburton insisted repeatedly that "DSM" was involved in alternative lifestyles, repeatedly pretending that I had identified the company as "BDSM". I guess he figured if he just acted as obnoxious as possible, it would help to prove his case. Hmm...maybe not in this case...So much for trying to have a serious discussion and learn something.

No comments: