Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Get rid of air pollution

In Skypeland, people love to spew incredible nonsense, and can get combative if they are challenged. In one skypecast, several people discussed how stupid it was not to burn the exhaust that comes out of the powerplant smokestacks to reduce pollution. Someone pointed out that this would create excess heat, and would contribute to global warming because it would heat up the atmosphere. Someone else said burning exhaust would not reduce pollution, since burning the smoke would create hydrogen that would pollute the atmosphere. I tried to say this was silly, and I was attacked and cursed and my microphone was shut off. People said that I was interfering with their ability to learn by trying to correct them. Oh well...go ahead and learn this important information then... (I wonder how many of these people have ever tried to burn ashes, or remember much from their middle school and elementary school chemistry classes. Obviously, not many, since in a room of about 10 people, I was the only one who objected to these statements. People immediately became defensive, and declared that they were sure they were correct and cursed me for questioning their reasoning. They also bragged about how smart they are and how much they know... Ah yes, that much is evident...)

No comments: