Monday, October 15, 2007

I am register

I was in a cast for learning English in Skypeland. People were trying to discuss their professions and countries of origin and stumbling over their words. One or two of them were definitely drunk. A man who claimed to be involved in film-making said he is "register". I tried to find out what a "register" is and what a "register" does in film-making. People did not believe he was "register", and thought he was lying. A huge discussion ensued. I was never able to find out what they meant by a "register". People accused each other of being gay. Unfortunately, since no one else in the room was a native speaker but me, they ended up not really improving their English at all. In fact, the people in the room were shocked to find out that I was a native speaker of English.

No comments: