Friday, October 19, 2007

Nixon was impeached

In Skypeland someone who sounded a bit inebriated started to hold forth on all kinds of issues. He said that Kissinger wanted to nuke Vietnam but Nixon did not. He said Kissinger was the only member of the Nixon Whitehouse that did not go to jail. He said that there was a public reason for impeaching Nixon, but there was a secret true reason. I asked what it was, and he said they impeached Nixon because he would not nuke Vietnam. I asked if the Democrats wanted to nuke Vietnam. He said no, that it was the Republicans who wanted to nuke Vietnam and the Republicans who had impeached Nixon.

The discussion turned to assassination attempts after Bhuttos near brush. I said that almost every US president had been the target of an assassination attempt over the last century and a half. Someone asked who had tried to kill Bush. I asked which Bush. They said "George". I tried several other times to ask which Bush, with the same result. I mentioned that someone had thrown a grenade at the stage when George W. Bush was in Russia. I also mentioned that allegedly Sadam Hussein had tried to kill George H. W. Bush. I was corrected and told that the Mossad tried to kill George H. W. Bush and then blamed it on Sadam Hussein.

No comments: