Sunday, September 9, 2007

African is a synonym for nigger

One can hear some amazing stuff in Skypeland sometimes. I was in a room with a woman who reimmigrated to Germany from the USA, who was arguing that the USA is a horrible shithole and Germany is perfect, with no problems at all. She claimed there are no homeless people in Germany. The host disagreed and she became angry. I tried to disagree with this German lady, and calm them down, and a man from Africa started to scream at me and tell me how ignorant and uneducated I am.

I referred to him as an "African man" and about 5 people, including the lady from Germany shouted me down, claiming that the word "African" was racist. I was impressed. I asked if therefore the word "German" was a racist word for a German, or the word "American" was a racist description for an "American". The people in the room became more upset and angry at me. The African man said "Homer Simpson is more smarter than you" to try to insult me. He also told me "shut the fuck up=you" is an important equation I should learn since I am "so smart". He told the host he should get over himself for discussing politics and disagreeing with the German lady.

Then the man from Africa told me that "African" was a synonym for nigger. Oh really? Ah...how fascinating. So I guess the phrase "African American" is a bit of a slur then...

No comments: