Thursday, May 28, 2009

Yorkshire airlines

The more I listen in certain quarters in Skypeland, the more I have to wonder. I told Mucus and Mrs. B that I had found an "advertisement" about "Yorkshire Airlines" on youtube and I would play it for them. They were skeptical, but curious.

The "advertisement" was a fake, presented as a skit on a UK television program. I played it for several in the room because I thought it was mildly funny, but Mucus and Mrs. B missed it. Later Mrs. B asked me if Yorkshire Airlines was real or not. I said Yorkshire Airlines was not real; it was just a joke. I told him it was from a television program. However, this did not stop Mrs. B, who apparently asked all the friends he knew if they had heard of Yorkshire Airlines. None of them had.

The more Mrs. B asked, the more annoyed he became, positive that this proved how superior he was to me and how stupid I am. I was astounded at how irate he became at my reference to this fake airline advertisement. Somehow, I get the impression he is so slow, that he does not quite realize when the joke is on him.

Ooohkay. Well now we know. Yep, a window licker I guess.

No comments: