Monday, September 3, 2007

The US is the most evil country

Quite often, young Muslims in Skypeland from around the world will tell me how evil the US is, and how it should be destroyed as a country, and will be. They will often threaten me personally, or all Americans or westerners or Christians or Jews with death. Some people tell me that this is just a "joke" among Arabs; they always threaten to kill each other, for fun. However, I notice that for some reason, when I turn this joke around, and return the favor, they do not think it is so funny.

The only difference is, the US has the capability to kill them far more efficiently than they seem to understand. I have told several of them that the US has the ability to kill every Muslim in every city of more than a few thousand throughout the middle east in a matter of 30 minutes or so. They almost always deny that this is true. These people seem to have no perception of what sort of military might the US possesses. These people have never heard of nuclear weapons? It seems to me that the recent ground war struggles seem to create a very inaccurate impression of the US and its military capabilities.

Sometimes I get annoyed at their claims that the US is an evil bully. Frankly, I do not believe it is a totally accurate claim, and the Americans I meet do not really care that much about such perceptions, if they are aware at all. Almost no young Muslims know that the US helped the Bosnian Muslims, or Muslims in Somalia, or in Muslim Palestine, or the earthquake victims in Muslim Pakistan, or the Tsunami victims in Muslim Indonesia, or the Muslims in Afghanistan, or that Muslim Egypt and Muslim Turkey are the get more US foreign aid than most other countries (2nd and 3rd place respectively).

No comments: